iOS Dev Break: 15 minutes of current events, tips, and advice for iOS Developers! Including, but not limited to, discussions of Swift, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS development.
In this episode: Nest is dead, long live Google Nest. MongoDB acquires Realm. Breaking the Fabric Umbilical Cord. Plus an experiment in CX, and a pick of the show from App Builders 2019!
This Episode’s Topics
- MongoDB acquires Realm
- Nest is Dead. Google Nest lives.
- Developer Tools
- Breaking the Fabric Umbilical Cord
- Ship it Safe by Gui Rambo at App Builders 2019
Podcast Download Links
- View and Subscribe to the Show in the iOS Podcasts app or in iTunes
- View and Subscribe to the Show at Overcast.fm
- RSS Feed
- Episode MP3 Direct Download
This Episode’s Links
- Patreon: iOS Dev Break
- MongoDB to acquire open-source mobile database Realm for $39 million — TechCrunch
- Nest, the company, died at Google I/O 2019
- Announcing major updates to our roadmap and migration timeline
- “Ship it Safe” by Gui Rambo at App Builders 2019
Ways You Can Help
If you would like to help keep iOS Dev Break going, here are a few ways in which you can help:
Spread the Word
The simplest way is by getting the word out about iOS Dev Break. A tweet about the show in general or about an episode you particularly liked will help spread the word out about iOS Dev Break. Oh, and don’t forget to at-mention the show’s twitter username, @iOSDevBreak, so I’ll know that you helped the show!
Become a Supporter on Patreon
Another way is by visiting our Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/iosdevbreak. I have greatly simplified the options for support — so much so that there is now only one level: one dollar! If you’ve already supported the show, I’d like to thank you very much for that and I hope the show and its content continues to live up to your expectations!
Buy an App
If you don’t want to help on a continuous basis, the second way you can assist is by purchasing NineOneOne ~ one-touch emergency dialer. It’s a free app that’s similar in concept to the SOS app on Apple Watch, but this is on the iPhone. It’s customizable so you can configure it to call any number you like, not just 911. This way you can support the show and its host on a one-time basis, and get something in return, or even if you just purchase it and immediately delete it, it still helps us out! So thanks in advance!