iOS Dev Break: 15 minutes of current events, tips, and advice for iOS Developers! Including, but not limited to, discussions of Swift, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS development.
It is the Summer of WWDC 2018, and we are back! In this episode, we have follow-up from WWDC, news and current events, and a discussion of the current state of Xcode 9 and 10.
This Episode’s Topics
- WWDC – What we got, what we didn’t get.
- Apple is a $1T company
- MacBook Pro Rollercoaster
- Problems with Xcode 9 and 10
- Tip: Downloading Past Versions of Xcode
Podcast Download Links
- View and Subscribe to the Show in iTunes
- View and Subscribe to the Show at Overcast.fm
- RSS Feed
- Episode MP3 Direct Download
This Episode’s Links
- Under the Radar
- Stacktrace Podcast
- Swift ABI Stability
- Apple is now a $1 trillion company
- Some MacBook Pro Users Complain About Throttling Issues
- MacBook Pro (2018): Apple finds, fixes performance BUG!
- Twitter: Xcode 10 Beta 5 Issues with Crashlytics
- Xcode Releases
- iOS Dev Break Patreon Page
Three Ways You Can Help
If you would like to help keep iOS Dev Break going, here are three ways in which you can help…
1. Spread the Word
The simplest way is by getting the word out about iOS Dev Break. A tweet about the show in general or about an episode you particularly liked will help spread the word out about iOS Dev Break. Oh, and don’t forget to at-mention the show’s twitter username, @iOSDevBreak, so I’ll know that you helped the show!
2. Become a Supporter on Patreon
Another way is by visiting our Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/iosdevbreak. I have greatly simplified the options for support — so much so that there is now only one level: one dollar! If you’ve already supported the show, I’d like to thank you very much for that and I hope the show and its content continues to live up to your expectations!
3. Buy an App
If you don’t want to help on a continuous basis, the second way you can assist is by purchasing NineOneOne ~ one-touch emergency dialer. It’s a free app that’s similar in concept to the SOS app on Apple Watch, but this is on the iPhone. It’s customizable so you can configure it to call any number you like, not just 911. This way you can support the show and its host on a one-time basis, and get something in return, or even if you just purchase it and immediately delete it, it still helps us out! So thanks in advance!